This unique programme provides a foundation in all areas of public sector financial management and deals with all levels of government—federal, state and local. It is greatly beneficial for individuals new to the government financial management arena or looking to expand their knowledge of this field.
The Programme will cover in depth the three pillars of public financial management as follows:
- The Public Sector Environment
- Public Sector Government Accounting, Financial Reporting and Budgeting
- Public Sector Financial Management and Control
The Public Financial Management for Executives Programme is designed to bring together senior officials tasked with designing and implementing public financial management reform initiatives at all levels of government. They include responsible senior officials with responsibility for finance, budgets, accounting and treasure, revenue generation, internal or external audits, and financial controls. Members of the legislative branches of government as officials in financial regulatory agencies will also benefit from this program.
Participants may include senior officials working in the following areas of government:
- Honourable Commissioners and Permanent Secretaries of Ministries of Finance and/or Economic Planning
- Special Advisers and Director Generals in Charge of Budgets and Economic Planning
- Chairman of Internal Revenue Services
- Accountant Generals and Directors of Treasury
- Auditor Generals
- Directors of Finance and Accounts of Government Ministries and Parastatals
- Procurement Specialists
- Legislators involved in the budget processes
- Private sector consultants and members of international organizations working in these areas could also participate.