Nature of the Programme: Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a professional programme specially designed to attract candidates from diverse academic and industry backgrounds in preparation for positions of higher managerial responsibilities in private and public sectors. Research and training will revolve around easy to follow learning techniques, management simulations, interactive classroom sessions as well as real-time field project/reports.
Philosophy of the Programme: The philosophy of the Crescent University MBA Programme is to expose students to a range of conceptual thinking skills through interactions, the usefulness of which will live beyond the latest management fashions. The curriculum is therefore aimed at developing the mind and imparting theoretical and practical knowledge that will encourage self-reliance in the individual and the nation; thereby enabling the student to understand, exploit, and if necessary, change the environment for the betterment of the society through application of skills in business administration. This is with a view to producing world-class professionals and managers who will be armed with experience and confidence in the use of theoretical knowledge to provide solutions to critical societal problems.
Aims/Objectives: The Master Degree in Business Administration is aimed at:
- Providing students with knowledge and skills to enhance their performance and to enable them assume broader responsibility in the rapidly changing environment faced by private and the public sectors.
- Producing managers who are capable of applying appropriate management principles and techniques of problem solving in the Nigerian environment and the world at large.
- To produce socially responsible managers who are mindful of accepted norms and ethics equipped with relevant ICT knowledge, entrepreneurial skills and leadership qualities.
Post-Graduation Experience Required: Two (2) Years
Areas of Specialisation: Finance, Human Resource Management, Entrepreneurship, General Management, Marketing.
Duration: The MBA programme is made flexible and convenient for students with lecture delivery spread over two (2) semesters, while Project/Field Report takes a maximum of two (2) Semesters.
Five (5) O-Level Credit Passes including English Language, Mathematics and Economics.
Plus any of the following:
- Bachelor Degree with not less than 2nd Class Lower Division.
- Bachelor Degree with 3rd Class/Pass plus PGD (not less than Lower Credit) in relevant area.
- HND with at least Upper Credit from a recognized institution.
- HND with Lower Credit plus relevant professional qualification.
- HND with Lower/Pass Diploma plus PGD (not less than Lower Credit) in relevant field.
First Semesters’ Compulsory Courses
- Organizational Behaviour
- Quantitative Methods for Management
- Introduction to Accounting
- Introduction to General Management
- Information Communication Technology Management
Second Semesters’ Compulsory Courses
- Research Methodology
- Corporate Finance
- Marketing Management and Strategy
- Operations Management
Third Semesters’ Compulsory Courses
- Business Law
- Corporate Strategy
- Managerial Economics
- Environment of Business
- Research Seminar
Fourth Semesters’ Compulsory Courses
- Management Theory
- Human Resources Management
- MBA Language Programme
- MBA Project/Field Report Writing
Additional Courses for Financial Management Option
- Multinational Business Finance
- Financial Markets and Portfolio Management
- Advanced Financial Management
Additional Courses for Human Resource Management Option
- Personnel Staff Evaluation
- Industrial Relations
- Compensation: Theory and Administration
Additional Courses for Marketing Option
- Production Planning and Development
- Consumer Behavior
- Pricing Policies
Additional Courses for Production and Operations Management Option
- Case Studies in Production and Operations management
- Operations Decisions in Productions Management
- Strategic Decisions in Production Management
Additional Courses for Entrepreneurship Option
- Feasibility Studies and Marketing Survey
- Purchasing and Supplies
- Small Scale Business Accounting