The philosophy of the Master programme is to produce high calibre research academics who could take up lecturing jobs in tertiary institutions with a view to training and expanding frontier of knowledge in business and economic environments of Nigeria. The programme will in addition develop business management skills in the prospective managers and professional, that can occupy strategic positions in any optional areas of interest of the students.
- To provide students with the broad knowledge and requisite skills in conceptual/theoretical, human and technical needs for effective and efficient performance in their managerial endeavours.
- To produce practitioners, administrators and lecturers’ who can teach and impact managerial knowledge and skills in the ever changing business environment.
- To offer opportunities to those willing to take up lecturing career in both Private and Public Higher Institutions.
- To promote and encourage interest in academic research in social and management sciences.
- To provide opportunity for practicing and prospective executives with relevant theoretical skills required for effective and efficient management of their organization.
Basic Admission Requirements
- All candidates must have five (5) credit passes including English and Mathematics at the ‘O’ Level, at not more than two sittings.
- A minimum of Second Class Lower Division in in Business Administration or any other related disciplines such as Accounting, Banking and Finance, Finance, Economics or any other cognate disciplines in the area of Marketing, Insurance, Entrepreneurship and any other Management Science Courses recognized by the Senate.
- A Third Class Division plus a Postgraduate Diploma in Business Administration from a recognized University with a minimum pass of Lower Credit may also be considered for admission.
- O’level credit requirement for entry to the programme may be deferred (to be passed before graduation or before issuance of degree certification) for the following subjects (please list them, if any): NIL
- Minimum number of Earned Credit Hours for graduation: 54
- Minimum No. of years for graduation: 2
- Minimum CGPA for graduation: 40